Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

agree; I know

I'd never spend >$900 (round trip) to ship both panels and XO for a $500 upgrade. Can you imagine if the panels were damaged on the way back?!

So they're going to remove the rails, unstaple a gazillion staples on both panels, do what they have to do inside, possibly tinker with the XO, re-staple, re-attach the rails, test the panels, rebox em', all for $500?

Time to play armchair quarterback: From a company's standpoint, consider: -the cost of labor involved for two men to handle these huge panels -getting the job done in an hour (maybe 90 min; I'm guessing...hell for their sake I hope it's the former),
-the cost for parts (x2, if both panels) which is most likely a cheap, cheap capacitor.

So if the normal labor cost is $150 per hour (as quoted by Michelle a while back) they're looking at a $300 or $400 minimum it's costing the company to perform this $500 task. Then you have to ask yourself does this project hinder the 3 series team in building pending orders? Hell it's a great way to pull OT if you're the builder no doubt. But that of course cuts into company profits.

If it's upper management performing this upgrade ie Wendell et al, then the cost is nil, chalk it up as the cost of doing good business, comes with the territory, and believing in what you do in support of a quality product.

Edits: 03/29/14 03/29/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.