Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Difference between 3.7 and 3.7i's

Well, the word from Wendell is "Some of it is trade secrets." He added this morning that eventually, some but not all of the tweaks will be discovered. (So it seems there's more than one -- who will be the first to open one up and find out?)

Otherwise, neither I nor Steve have been able to chip away at their commitment to secrecy, and we must have driven Wendell crazy by now with our nagging. I continue to think that they're taking this too far -- I mean, I can understand withholding proprietary information that could be of use to a competitor, and I understand and appreciate the integrity that makes Wendell dislike hype and selling on the basis of tech lust rather than sonics. but what could it hurt to give people an overall view of what their $500 will buy them? I don't think anybody is asking for the nitty gritty, just a general idea.

I find it hard to believe that this is worth the bad publicity and the ire on the part of some of their most loyal customers, though Wendell says that the 3.7 customers he's spoken to have been happy with the arrangement, and thinks the sonic improvements will speak for themselves. I certainly don't think there's any kind of conspiracy, though if people believe that in the absence of solid information from the company, they (the company) have only themselves to blame.

Edits: 04/04/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.