Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

As a 3.7 owner...

If they never came out with this "I" factory upgrade, I would not have the impression that there is something lacking in my 3.7's...(Waz, also stated this)..

This is what is driving me nuts...for those of you who have not heard these speakers...they are special, being fed with quality frontend and good amp...they exhibit very few weaknesses, IMHO...(the top to bottom coherence, really does sound like a single full range driver)

Have I heard better?...absolutely...
Is any speaker perfect?...hell no...
Do they play way over their price point...(set-up properly)...hell yes...
Will I keep them for years...yes...1.6's lasted 12+ years...

As this is an Asylum, (and it is IMHO), we are inmates of this Asylum who are passionate about our hobby, (some more than others), but commonality, willing to share experiences and some inmates here have exceptional expertise, whether from a professional careers or just shear years of experience in this hobby...it has been a wealth of knowledge for me personally...

My speaker placement was a total team effort from members on this board...they took me directions, I personally would have NEVER even considered...which elevated the performance much more than I would have imagined...

This particular thread, really makes me smile, IMHO it shows gambit of our demographic.....passionate, inquisitive, fair minded, willing to theorize, guess subjectively, show their frustrations with one of the more polarizing speaker manufacturers and their business practices...

The speakers transparency, one of its strengths, does NOT apply to the speakers manufacturer...that would be irony....
Thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • As a 3.7 owner... - Mark Man 10:00:44 03/30/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.