Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Has anyone called and spoke to Magnepan/or thier dealer???

As I have stated, I am going to have the "I" upgrade done...BECAUSE I do not have to ship.....

If I had to ship them...I would not have it done, unless I KNEW what the improvements are exactly both sonically and what they are going do to MY speakers....

So, I get everyone's frustration with the Maggie Code of Silence...it really seems silly...Remember this is the company that said NO to Stereophile!!??!! Whose marketing is word of mouth and the occasional magazine add...

My leap of faith, and it is a leap of faith....
1. Is the history of longevity of model runs...
2. This is the first upgrade to a current model that Magnepan has ever offered....WHY??? Curiosity has the best of me here...
3. NO shipping....

As far as shipping goes, (search my previous posts), about using Old Dominion and GETTING the Magnepan rate; that went from $496 to $226 that was from KY to MN one way...So assuming that it will be $500-$600 +/- round trip...(contact me or look at my posts for direct local line to OD); you have to ask for the Magnepan rate...I was floored when them gave to me, being a private individual...also I picked them up at their hub...which is in-between my Condo and Magnepan Factory....one more thing, you really should use a 6' pallet when shipping....

I will keep everyone up to speed as I go through the process...relay as much info as I can....I am still going to try making the appointment for a 24-48 hour turn around and the weather is finally starting to warm up...so my goal is to have it done in April....

Next question....have any of the 3.7i's showed up at a dealers yet???
thanks
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Has anyone called and spoke to Magnepan/or thier dealer??? - Mark Man 07:31:50 03/29/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.