Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Do you believe everything you read?

You read somewhere... I've read all sorts of things. The fact of the matter is that nobody outside of Magnepan knows what is changed, or even how it 'improves' the 3.7. Magnepan is keeping it a closely guarded secret. Anything written anywhere is conjecture. That's why we are bitching.

Everybody knows the tensioning of the driver is critical. What possible motivation could exist to keep a tight lip about modifying that? How on earth does a general statement along those lines give away anything which qualifies as a trade secret? Nobody is demanding the specifics of how the tensioning was changed, if that's what was done. Until Magnepan states that's what the mod is, I don't believe it.

We, the customers who purchased 3.7s not too long ago, would like to know something about the modification in order to figure out whether or not it's worth the price of admission. We know absolutely nothing beyond, "Our listening panel liked the improved model better." The silence makes no sense and nothing you said makes it any more sensible or excusable.

Maybe, you don't understand why everyone is bitching because this situation really doesn't impact you. Walk a mile in our shoes and you just might understand.

Edits: 03/31/14 04/01/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.