Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Thank you for the effort....

Mark,

I think you're right -- the upgrade itself is a good thing and whether people find it worthwhile or not is going to depend on the sonics, and that means your opinion and that of other early adopters will be important.

I still believe that Magnepan has created trouble for themselves unnecessarily. I think many of us who have had dealings with the company over the years know that they're decent folk who have an old-fashioned sense of business ethics. But that's just my personal impression and obviously it carries no weight, as real information about the upgrade would.

I'm sure that Wendell is right when he says that this will blow over as people read reviews like Chris Martens's and get to hear from fellow customers like you, and Wendell just wrote to describe some of the practical problems they have when they release technical information -- the kind of problem that we who aren't in the business would never think of. So they have some real concerns. But still, I think some basic information of the kind most audio manufacturers have traditionally supplied (including Magnepan) would avoid a lot of unnecessary grief.

BTW, I think the new socks are a plot -- no one is going to want to pull up their beautiful new socks to see what's underneath. :-)

Edits: 04/04/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.