Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Thank you for the effort....

Josh...
As I have never hidden, my lack of "electronics knowledge", their plot of new socks will keep me out of ripping them open...that is why I posted the question to Waz, (who has no fear factor), see his response within this post...

Yes, they are very decent people...yes, they exhibit old fashioned business ethics...yes, they could have handled this much better IMHO...
And not being part of that industry, I do not understand all their concerns and at this point...I am done guessing...

In the Planar/magnetic design, similar to Magnepan, who is their competition??? Do we include the Electrostatic manufacturers as part of their competition??? IMHO planars and stats are two different animals, that only share; they are both true di-pole speakers designs...

Which brings us back to; "But still, I think some basic information of the kind most audio manufacturers have traditionally supplied (including Magnepan) would avoid a lot of unnecessary grief."

Whether the amount of "grief" is acceptable or not, it is of THEIR own making...one little paragraph on the website, included with their announcement of this upgrade...would have eliminated the majority of grief and potential bad blood; that this code of silence has caused...IMHO...I believe the majority of us owners, would have been satisfied with that...verses just "better"...

Wendell's stance that this will blow over, once they have more professional and customer reviews may well be true...I am not doubting that he does know his customer base; passionate, loyal, neurotic...(at least I am)...but yet somewhat insulting to the current 3.7 owners...IMHO...

Thanks again for jumping in on this..
take care
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.