Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: How quickly you have descended to lecturing others when you also insult to provoke!

Clifff,

You are correct! That in itself is an amazing thing YOU can mean you-all(usteds in spanish) or you-personal(tu) However being an American citizen, born & raised, I do speak english and know when the word you is being used either way and it's not always refering to everyone in this situation. I don't know why you'd even bring that up, but oh well.

How typical of you to feel the need to insult me with these comments:

1)Any chance you would have what it takes to Google "transactional analysis"
2)Probably a waste of time, but ..............

Rather than just make your point! It's about what I expect from a limey, plonker like yourself! I guess if those words bother you Cliffff, no-one is responsible for your anger, feelings or hurts except YOU. You ignorant POS.

Any idiot knows that no-one is responsible for your anger, feelings or hurts except yourself. I agree when others say things which result in you feeling angry. They did not MAKE you angry (hurt, ashamed, etc), you allowed it to. Afterall we are all responsible for how WE feel, act and respond. As adults.

But if you took your British head out of your as* you'd also realize that when someone informs you your actions are insulting & offensive to them. Then as an adult who's responsible for how they act & respond, to continue such deliberate acts of provocation with this person makes YOU responsible for: 1) how YOU acted as an adult and 2) how others response to YOUR offensive actions as an adult!

For Example: As an adult if someone walked into an area where many African-Americans were standing and shouted out the N-Word, wouldn't you feel after this person got their as* kicked, that as an adult they were: 1) responsible for how THEY acted as an adult and 2) how the others responsed to THEIR deliberate offensive act? I know I wouldn't feel sorry for that fool, not one bit!

As I've said numerous times here. People can disagree with all my opinions if they so choose. But disagreeing with my opinions doesn't entitle them to a FREE PASS at insulting me and my choices in life. The funny part is we never know what is going to insult who (that's why I tell others when I find their actions insulting.) For Example: I am Sicilian. You can call me WOP, Guinea, Grease-Ball, etc, I don't take offense at all by these names, many of my cousins would react the way African-Americans do to the N-Word.

Sorry to disagree with your line-of-thinking here, but as adults I believe we are responsible for the words we speak to others. We are even MORE responsible as adults when we know the other person finds our words hurtful or insulting. I'll grant you that we are also responsible as adults for the power we give others words, but you have to admit that had the man in the scenerio above never said the N-Word, he would have never gotten his as* kicked either. So I believe ultimately the responsibilty lies with person speaking the words.

I apologize for calling you a limey, plonker I was attempting to show you how words can be deliberatly offensive. Maybe you're like me or maybe like my cousins, I won't know until you tell me. I'm trying to really educate you in this matter, but it is probably a great waste of time, still I tried..............

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.