Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Truth Spoken By Any Man Is Still The Truth

AJinFLA,

I was wondering how long it was going to take you to jump on the Objectivist shoot-down-the Subjectivist-post bandwagon!

To your question of: What about the great recordings that are made *without* Dr. Dementia's props? How are those to be explained? I'd respond that I don't know, do you? How can ANYONE without knowing how these supposedly well-made recordings were made, comment on them? What I can comment on is how quickly you resort to name calling though an educated man like Dr Sprey! What's the matter? Can't make statement about something you disagree about without resorting to making jokes at the person's expensnse?
===================================================================
You expect him to SELL all these products and then claim "Oh BTW, none of this s**t is really audible, or negligible at best....but buy it anyway!" LOL.

I cannot believe you don't have the ability to see beyond your own opinions. How about this senerio? Dr Pierre Sprey leaves the Pentagon & starts his own label, Mapleshade. Being a music lover, Dr Sprey constantly strives to find any & everyway possible to make the recording more realistic. Being a lot more open-minded than you and many of the other Objectivists here, he attempts different tweaks i.e. using brass as a vibration-controlling media or using different wires to see if any "sound" better than others.

Now after listening and using his ear as the final arbitrator Dr Sprey discovers certain tweaks actually do improve the realism of his recordings. Then just like I would "IF" I could find a tweak that I believed improved the realism of my systems replication of the music, Dr Sprey offers it for sale to other music lovers! His character is displayed in his guarantee of performance and the return of your money if you don't agree.
===================================================================
The people who take advantage of the easily influenced minds are not dumb. Far from it. Most are probably quite intelligent, like this fellow. Or at least "street" smart. Unscrupulous? Maybe. Dumb? No.

You amaze me with how you so easily insult people, Dr Sprey, me (because I know these tweaks work and don't have the insulting easily influenced mind as you call it) I offered to PROVE to you AJinFLA, RBG & Pat D that I can hear differences in wires, differences in tubes say a Mullard, Siemans or RCA 12AU7 etc. I can understand Pat D & RBG not taking me up as they live so far away, but you live fairly close AJinFLA so why not allow me to PROVE IT to you? You make all this claims yet are too afraid to have your opinions disproven! I'm willing to provide proof, if you're so sure I'm wrong come and watch me, but get ready to admit you say me PROVE what I said I could.

The threshold for proving something is higher than the threshold for denying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of Objectivist bullshit - TS

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.