Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Pierre's claims...

...for his wires and tweaks are so "over the top" that he adds to the rift between subjectivist and objectivist rather than seeking to bridge it. I see few manufacturers using the kind of hyperbole used by Pierre. It makes him seem ridiculous.

Now that does not mean his wires and tweaks can't be beneficial but the problem we subjectivists run into is the old "night and day" differences between components. To most people, that means 180 degrees difference and I can't believe ANYONE actually feels that way unless they're comparing Bose Accoustimass with Wilson MAXX.

That said, I agree with Pat D and Richard Greene - they are great sounding recordings. Now if I could just find some that I actually wanted to listen to! I will say that, being an "out" jazz nut that the Raphe Malik is excellent. He used his current (at the time) quintet and played the same fare he would have used for Boxholder or any other label. I believe that was Mapleshade's first recording. There are a few other decent CD's but nothing earthshattering.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.