Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I have most of his cds and have tried most of his and Ron Bouman's wires and tweaks.

In particular, I long used the Omega Mikro speaker wires and power cords but not any longer. I am not sure whether the recording are made with the top-of-the-line Omega Mikros are the less expensive Mapleshade wires.

Anyone who has ever compared the sound of the red OM power cords with the opposite direction wire pulled blue OM power cords will have to accept that they sound quite different.

The other Mapleshade products, however, leave me cold. I tried the maple bases and hated them. I tried their brass tiptoes versus those by Lloyd Walker and preferred the Valid Points. Today, however, I use neither.

I tried the Mapleshade interconnects in a bag and the twisted twin lead speaker wires and found them just okay.

I guess the real answer to your question is to ask whether the recording are made with the wires and other tweaks sold by Mapleshade and whether other components such as PZM mikes, recording machines, and the recording venue make the difference. I don't see any real contradiction in liking the recordings and not the other products.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.