Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

nice response

Of course, all we really want to have vibrating in response to the movement of the mylar are air molecules, but that ain't gonna happen in the real world. Your solution may not be pretty, but I don't doubt that it's effective.

Cover a violin in Dynamat and the body wouldn't vibrate in sympathy to the vibrating strings, hence it wouldn't be very effective at exciting the air. Stick a pickup under the strings and you could make it audible enough, but it would be missing the character that body should be giving it. This is hardly an apt analogy for what is happening with a pair of Maggies.

Good on you for retorting with not only a reasonable response, but a courteous one as well. One of these days, I'll get off my lazy ass (not exactly true - been busy with other (non-audio) projects) and give your latest crazy idea a try. ;-)

----

Oh, by the way, that was quite a well constructed write-up - clear, concise and with supporting photos.

Edits: 06/03/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.