Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Razor your mags

Hi Sailor,

Thanks for your comments!!

Can you imagine what putting all this goop on a violin, or guitar would do to its sound..

Screw it up to be sure!! But what does that have to do with maggies or this tweak??? Certainly you are not saying that the frame and the pole pieces are meant to resonate like a violin or guitar?? If you think about it the only thing that SHOULD vibrate is the mylar. Any other vibrations are certainly a coloration.

THough in the real world other the mylar and the air it moves causes other things to vibrate like the driver frame and pole pieces. This is a coloration which doubly impacts sound as the vibrations affect the mylar since as the magnets move so does the mylar.

The goop as you call it soaks up this vibration and lets one hear just the mylar and stops the ringing in the metal frame/ magnets which improves the resolution.

I do not buy it, sorry.

Please try it before you dismiss it.

I am a big believer in dampening electronics and conventional speaker boxes.

Why is this ANY different? Why damp the conventional speaker box?? Isnt it like a violin??? Of course not that is why you are a big believer in damping it....but somehow maggies frames need to resonate???? Makes zero sense.

Now if I said to put the dynamat on the mylar then what you are saying is 100% right...but that is not what I am saying...

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.