Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

I exchanged emails

as I am sure others did. The posts were in keeping with the emails. The sims I ran were as well.

Ivan I have read enough of your posts to see that you have experience with better quality equipment. Not everyone has. When you get into more serious gear, details, which are basically unimportant in lesser designs, can become "make and break" things. For example Bud (O-Netic’s designer) posted down below how much difference the wire for the ground bus made. I can't say my stuff has reached the level where litz wire on the ground buss is a "make or break" item. So it would be easy to dismiss such a statement. But IMHO that is a recipe to insure my designs never reach that level of performance.

I suppose in the end it is all about whose opinions one puts trust in and if what they are saying has any basis of truth with regards to your own work. I think it is fair to say that many things, which we know effect sound, can’t be defended solely by electrical principles or normal measurements. However it sure is nice when you know “why” something sounds better.

Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.