Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

same experience

Hi Ralph,

We had the same experience with Jerry. He called in 2005 and asked for a specific product to "review". I declined his request and politely stated we were no longer seeking review exposure for that product. "I will get your product and write an article anyway, without your input or consent"-- were his exact words. I knew from his words and tone that he was using a threat as leverage to change my mind. I began to apologize again, but he hung up the phone without another word.

Some months later, a DIY project appeared on his web-site. The product of ours he'd gotten a hold of looked to be 2-3 years old. He represented it as current, claimed it didn't match the listed spec on our web (which it wouldn't since it was 2-3 years old). He then proceeded to DIY a Home Depot power strip with some caps for $120 and claimed it was better. That " DIY article" was his follow-through for declining to loan him a current product to "review".

I was surprised he went so far out of his way for retribution, but given that he did, I'm not surprised he's done that to others.

Grant
Shunyata Research

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.