Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Once again Troll

"DARE YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT HOW THE REST OF THE WORLD FUNCTIONS AND WHY"

Dan, what other form of electromechanical systems interact directly with our senses beside video? Motor control systems don't care if there is 0.1% more 7th harmonic in the motor driver output but humans likely do. I am more than well aware about how things like linear motor control systems work, stepper motors, basic digital logic etc. I designed stuff using these technologies, along with things like optical feedback for laser systems etc. in grad school. You are not telling me anything new. But there is a fundamental difference in how I interface with lab equipment and my stereo system. Can't you even see the difference? I don't detect molecules by listening to the ping of a speaker or a flash of light to my eye or even the odor it gives off (although such systems to exist in gas chromatography and one can be trained to detect very low levels of certain compounds with reasonable accuracy). Although I have discovered that I am more accurate in peak picking than any automated algorithm. This was confirmed by a research group who studied this in depth. They found the computer was more precise but less accurate than humans integrating manually.

If I did have to detect things this way and the tone of the sound told me what kind of molecule it was then you could be sure that I would have the subjectively least colored amplifier to boost the signal so that I could correctly identify the molecule.

The direct human interface with the electromechanical system is why many such subtle things are important and why others that seem objectively important really are not (like low THD). This seems utterly lost upon you so I won't try to explain further. You are truly an engineer's engineer but you are most certainly not a scientist.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Once again Troll - morricab 11:26:14 08/18/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.