Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: A few facts to consider (long)

Charles

Umm is this the same Greenberg who was taking $15,000 a pop to talk up products from Sony, HP, and Apple?

I like this post and it was interesting timing since I was looking at Zu Audio's policy which they put right on their website linked below.

The difficulty being a reviewer is that I personally have spent more money being a reviewer than I've gained. I do it because it's fun and I get exposed to better gear (or at least gear I would not likely have had at home). I purchased a preamp for example that i likely would not have purchased but I wanted something where I could review power amps and my OTO integrated doesn't have preaouts. Sure it was a nice preamp but if it were just for me I personally would have put the money to something else.

I purchased my main stereo before becoming a reviewer and I bought it all while going to University - I forwent owning a car to buy the stereo. So IMO there isn't an excuse for a reviewer not to buy his reference system (even if it is a "lesser" reference than some big pricey device.

I am now in Hong Kong and I've purchased a new budget system - at dealers. I paid $10 under retail for the CD player - so umm no discount. Speakers maybe $100 less but then most people could probably negotiate that and the amp is hard to say since Asia is a negotiating country and I paid what the guy typed into the calculator. Yeah I'm not very good at this. It was on par to other EL34 based amps on the market.

Worse I don't get paid to review either.

It doesn't matter what walk of life - people either have integrity or they don't. And you have to prove it in actions not words.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: A few facts to consider (long) - RGA 05:44:53 06/20/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.