Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: That's ridiculous!

It's been some time since I read Hi-Fi Choice, I admit. But when I last looked, the electronics blind panel routinely disliked Naim Audio and the loudspeaker blind panel listened to everything through Naim Audio electronics. As Naim has a strong character all of its own, that pretty much means whatever electronics you chose from its list was almost guaranteed not to work with any recommended loudspeakers. That's a car wreck, masquerading as due diligence.

If you want specifics, go find the Audiolab 8000S reviews from about five or six years ago. Both of them. It used to be easy, before Hi-Fi Choice 'conveniently' lost all its online data, Then ask yourself how can something outstrip all its rivals and six months later come last in a test, which included one of the rivals it outstripped six months earlier?

Art Dudley is just pushing the retro schtick. Audio is full of old git curmudgeons. Play to their demands and they will keep calling you back for more. Old is not wonderful, it's just old. You dislike solid-state because you think the sound is inferior. I despise the sound of tubes because they color the sound. We all moved on for a reason.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.