Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: That's ridiculous!

It's a competitive marketplace. That's no place for the weak. Perhaps the weak get filtered out in the process. Whether the reviewer filters the weak or the market does the job instead, it's amounts to the same thing. Perhaps the reason why 95% of the reviews are positive is because 95% of the products submitted are pretty good.

I've read Hi-Fi Choice many times. Reviews are mostly positive in that one too. And my point about trusting a reviewer... I cannot rely on the tests in Hi-Fi Choice. I'm sure they are honest and integrity-filled, but their conclusions are just too random to be trusted. I've heard products from their tests that I fully agree with the conclusions of the test, and others where I've thought they must have dropped some really strong acid before they started listening, and all points in between.

And that's the point. No matter how 'straight' these tests may be, regardless of whether the people involved in the test itself paid full price for everything they use, I simply cannot trust the findings of the tests they make because their results are so inconsistent.

If they were out of kilter with my own listening and repeatedly so, I'd be more trusting of the results. But these are too off beam to be reliable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.