Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: The Reality Of It All

>2) I have conventional 2-way monitors, ribbon hybrid dipoles and controlled directivity horn speakers. According to POLLYinFLA these are all mediocre.<

So you have differences of opinion. That much is obvious.

>I don't want to hear euphonic tube distortion or B) It would be a waste of my time.<

Some folks prefer discordant solid state distortion. Again, the two of you have differences of opinion. And as I recall, he was talking about DBT's when he said "waste of time". I could be wrong but I thought that was the thread where they wanted proof of what you could hear BEFORE they came down. I can't say why - that's an objectivist thing. I guess they don't believe you and feel that you'd fail a DBT when in their presence.

>My Subjective opinion was; it and the Crown and the Crest played loud & clean, but they were also bright, harsh, with no depth to the soundstage, i.e. listening fatigue set in very quickly. The way I see it loud and clean along with durable and the ability to take abuse is the primary requirements for sound reinforcement. Unfortunately it's not the primary requirements for home listening.<

I totally agree. But neither you nor I have any experience with the QSC amp AJ owns being used with his speakers. Who knows? It might work fine.

>POLLYinFLA who spits apon an invitation to my home and speaks negatively about audio components he's never listened to.<

But that's what objectivists do! Not the spitting but the lack of auditioning if the measurements don't warrant a listen. They believe that we are deluding ourselves, remember?

>Sorry Kerr, but POLLYinFLA has nothing I want to see or hear. I don't wish to meet him anymore, I don't want to drink with him, nor do I have any desire visit his home.<

Ok, that's cool. I have no problem with that. But doesn't that also mean that you no longer care about his opinions? See, I only brought this up because at least on this board you two seemed to have a lot to say to one another. I thought if you got together you could probably resolve some differences because you sure as hell ain't gonna accomplish that on an internet board. Correct?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.