Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

TG54 how about a road trip to Chicago for Danley's postponed demo?

I'll let you drive and pay for gas while I provide the laughs with unending audiophile jokes? You would get to hear what a real speaker system sound like, instead of those horrid little flexing plastic cone directivity chaos low efficiency speakers you drive with your low powered euphonic distortion "live music" generator.
Or perhaps after Tom D does his demo, the crowd could get to listen for the first time in their lives what live music sounds like, by putting your Mastersound Ref845 on the stage and having everyone look at it?
Maybe give a speech about your measure really bad = sound really good theories? That could be fun.
After the (stuffy AES) meeting we could head for a less narrow minded place in town, where you could meet other subjectivists who hear all types of sound that cannot be measured...or should I say cannot *yet* be measured. Maybe you could share some stereo/devil/ghost, etc. stories about your superior hearing and vision that lets you perceive what envious others cannot.
Sound like a plan? I'm ready to buy some beer for the road (remember, you're driving, in a car which some ignorant, close minded engineer designed the brakes)

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.