Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: The Reality Of It All

>That's what unintelligent Objectivists with no character do here on PHP and I'm quite certain on other audio forums as well.<

Rather than unintelligent, I prefer to use the term inexperienced. That inexperience is based, oddly enough, on intelligence... or at least "learned-ness". Most of the scientists of other disciplines that I've spoken to about audio in a general way have said "whatever the measurements say, goes". In other words, they don't try something that their schooling tells them is a waste of time. Except to "prove a point" for a test or article, find 2 objectivists who have experimented with wire. Or tube amps. See my point?

Now I will grant that some of the objectivists *seem* unintelligent and post unintelligently. But I think a lot of that is, as Richard Greene has suggested, in order to rattle the cages of subjectivists, i.e get a "rise" out of us.

The fact is, Tom, that none of us are 100% correct in our beliefs. We may think we are, but we aren't. I've proven objectivist beliefs incorrect with respect to cables and I've also been subject to perceptional delusions. I really don't like to call myself either sub or ob because I'm both. I've heard cable differences, find that tubes are more lifelike, but I won't even try clever clocks, magic pebbles or green pens. Give me a set of Maggie 20.1's, enough tubed power to run 'em, a killer turntable and CD player and some Nordost Valhalla (ha ha, yeah, right - like I can afford those!) and I'm set... along with room corrections, of course.

Don't get me started about Peter Aczel! What I see as his agenda makes him impossible to take seriously. But yes, he has his followers. The fact is that any topic that is in any way arguable will in fact be argued. Hang in there, Tom! ;)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.