Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: The Reality Of It All

Hobby,

I stated "You are the pinnacle of arrogance." to which you responded woah! Ok I'll stop for a moment, but don't understand why as you haven't addressed the point yet.

Next Hobby you copied my comment of: Next you want to tell me, as if you know, whether or not I know what Peter Aczel believes? ....
.. It is impossible for two amplifiers to sound different at matched levels if each has high input impedance, low output impedance, flat frequency response, low distortion, low noise floor, and is not clipped. and you responded with "As it stands, your mastersound amplifier does not satisfy those criteria, as a result it will sound different. In otherwords your amplifier illustrates his point. So what point are trying make here?"

What kind of strawman arguement is this? I don't understand what you're getting at. I never claimed the Mastersound Reference 845 satisfied any of Aczel's criteria, did I? The point I made I know what Aczel says and believes, because I've read TAC and read many of his comments and opinions such as: 1) "We believe in measuring and we believe in listening but we don't believe in measuring with our ears." 2) "As I have pointed out innumerable times, a properly designed amplifier has no sound of its own. It is impossible for two amplifiers to sound different at matched levels if each has high input impedance, low output impedance, flat frequency response, low distortion, low noise floor, and is not clipped." and 3) “The Ten Biggest Lies in Audio.” There's a big difference between knowing what someone said and believes and agreeing with what they said and believe or don't you understand the difference? It was YOU Hobby who said "The last time I (Hobby) checked in here, you (thetubeguy1954) did not know what Aczel had to say on the subject and evidently you still do not know." So I showed you I do know what the idiot Aczel says and believes. Now why you want to create a stawman by somehow attributed that comment to concern the Mastersound, is beyond my understanding.
===============================================================
Next I, thetubeguy1954 said: At any rate, I am continually amazed that you keep feeling the need to respond to my posted topics, moreso considering your mistaken beliefs about my temperament.

To which you the Audiodummy replied: "Indeed, I can see how mistaken I am about your temperament, you are the calmest fellow I have ever met." Well Audiodummy if you think I am going to sit by an idly watch you tell your mistaken beliefs about me without responding, then you have another thing coming. But responding and being uncalm are two different things. You're so mistaken about my temperment. In fact, I was laughing so hard when I read this post of yours my customer service rep told me to quiet down because she couldn't hear on the phone! Behold I guess now you consider yourself to be The Great Audiodummy, the Audiophile Mindreader! He claims he knows what thetubeguy1954 knows and believes because he can read my mind and feel my feelings! But Audiodummy is more mistaken than Aczel is!
==============================================================
Now Audiodummy says: Needless to say your post reinforces my original point, you were never an objectivist, just an audiophile with a belief system based on factual inaccuracies.

Ok Audiodummy everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how mistaken it is. Believe whatever you what to. It doesn't effect me in anyway except to provide me with lots o' laughs. I'm not sure what fits you best Audiodummy or Audioclown. Either one will work for a person like yourself who wants to tell another person what they believe and feel, as if you know better than I do about what I truly believe and feel. Talk about belief system based on factual inaccuracies...

Thetubeguy1954

PS: Just keep posting because I love the laughs they provide!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.