Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: More Brainless Banter From King POLLYinFLA

TG54 - Well POLLYinFLA "if" you trust your senses (which I highly doubt) that would make you one of us lying Subjectivists wouldn't it?

It would? How so?
I don't lie to my doctor any more than I lie about hearing differences because I am supposed to, when there really are none. Remember how audiophiles hear differences when told a change was made when none was, or people getting better taking sugar pills?

TG54 - What really amazes me is you always talk about my Mastersound Reference 845 and Alaintes, once agin to try and make yourself look good, but being the babeling bird-brain you are, you forget what the truth is and that really makes me laugh!

I try to look good by talking about your speakers and Mastersound Nutrasweet 845? How?

TG54 - I get another great laugh when I realize in your typical bird-brained approach you modified Orions so that your QSC we be tolerable to listen to.

I had no idea that is why my QSC is so tolerable. Thanks for letting me know and sharing a laugh too.

TG54 - So POLLYinFLA the reality is when attempt you try to insult me by calling my Aliantes little floppy coned speakers, you're actually insulting many of your fellow Objectivists who own similar type speakers, like Pat D's, Paradigm Sigs!

Why must it be an insult to you? When you state my QSC sounds like crap, it's your subjective opinion based on delusion, not measurements. I laugh.
When I state your Aliante has a floppy poly cone and chaotic, uncontrolled directivity, I am simply pointing out factual features that you prefer. Why be insulted? Because they are real and not imagined? Measured rather than delusion based?

TG54 - FYI my Aliantes are considerably better than the Paradigms in side-by-side comparisons.

That is purely subjective. Holds true for you but not necessarily others. I do understand how a subjectivist cannot comprehend this, being illogical, irrational, I know what I hear, etc.
You most likely prefer the Aliante for the distortion you crave. Measure both and you will See what I mean (but of course, not hear it).

TG54 - You seem to forget I also owned controlled directivity speakers (RCA LC9A) like you do, I also own dipoles albeit ribbon hybrids, like you do. So I'm a lot more versitile in what I can listen to bird brain.

That's nice. You own lots of mediocrity in different flavors. Combine all those features one day or listen to someone who has and you might finally hear something decent. There is hope for you yet.

TG54 - Add to that I own an Italian Audio Analoge Puccini solid state integrated amp.

Ok, so you like SS glare just like the vast majority of humans. Good for you. Probably paid way too much for something no better and most likely much worse than my QSC. The pretty looks and price should let it deludesound much better though.

TG54 - Poor poor POLLYinFLA he thinks he has all the answers when in all honesty he doesn't even have a clue what the questions really are. My wife and I will have a good laugh on the way home about this. So thanks for that at least! Hey it looks like you're actually good for something after all... like the clown you are.

I wish I had all the answers, but like most humans I am still learning every day. Glad the wife enjoys the banter. I warned you about letting her know about grown men arguing in cyberspace about stereo delusions. If she's a good sport about it, then by all means bring her along when you come over to listen to my new speakers. They should be done before too long. See you soon

cheers,

AJ

The threshold for disproving something is higher than the threshold for saying it, which is a recipe for the accumulation of bullshit - Softky

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.