Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: optimised WASAPI exclusive eventns c++ code

have finalised the SQ of mqnplay (at least for my intel i3 capabilities with 16x128 bit registers), will address 256 bit registers when I get a haswell cpu, presumably they are going to be twice as good (noise wise) as 128 bit registers.

you need sse to use this, check using cpuz.

Have uploaded mqnplay2.0 memcpy final to

https://rapidshare.com/#users|45980080|0ae609ce616a35c8de7ac5fda4b6194c|11541

I haven't heard anything so good before, just my opinion.

have also uploaded mqnplay.bat that I used to compare different versions

operation is to select a track and start it normally via mqn.bat, then stop it and double click on mqnplay.bat

the code for playing a version is

taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqnplay.exe /F >nul
taskkill /fi "PID gt 0" /IM mqncontrol.exe /F >nul

del mqnplay.exe

copy "mqnplay.exe pf x 2 split new" mqnplay.exe

start MQncontrol --file ".\Files.txt"

powershell -command "Start-Sleep -s 80"

so, to add another version or remove a version just add/remove that block of code, change the line

copy "mqnplay.exe pf x 2 split new" mqnplay.exe to copy the desired version

change the 80 to the desired no of seconds to listen to, the track will play for 80 seconds for each version and loop back to the start.

have uploaded the final versions which I used before settling on the memcpy final version, they are

mqnplay.exe pf x 2 grp, mqnplay.exe pf x 2 split shift, mqnplay.exe pf x 2 split shift x 2, mqnplay.exe pf split x 2

turns out memcpy is absolutely critical to the SQ of the player, the aim is to ensure the maximum amount of data can pass through the cpu as quickly as possible, hardware prefetch gave a digital edge to the sound, so had to tune the software prefetch to ensure the data was close to the cpu to minimise cache misses.

there are a couple of tweaks for hirez formats, but that's the finished article for 16/44.1. will implement affinity setting in mqncontrol so that mqnplay has a dedicated core and also look again at control.
http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: optimised WASAPI exclusive eventns c++ code - SBGK 09:37:08 08/04/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.