Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: optimised WASAPI exclusive eventns c++ code

strictly speaking you can have both the sse2 and sse4 mqnplay files in the directory, but only one file called mqnplay.exe. Wonder if the problems you were having was because you had the setting hide extension for known file type set in folder and search options, that way it would have type 0 and would still be type 0 when you tried to rename it.

there is a file called mqnplay.bat which allows different versions of mqnplay to be played bac to back in a loop for a set time. just needs editing to change the versions to test or to add/remove versions. the playing time can be adjusted as well, it is how I narrow down the changes.

win 8 is better than win 7 as wasapi was largely rewritten for win 8. win 7 has a distinctive digital sound. I use ws2012, but it's expensive if you have to buy it.

have you tried hirez music on mqn ? the digital noise is even more apparent in hirez so an optimised player is even more important.
http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

Edits: 08/23/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.