Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: optimised WASAPI exclusive eventns c++ code

went into the folder search option to unhide the setting it did not change the file, at least we know that the file can be run in a program editor like Notepad ++ to recreate the batch file.

You are right with win7 havimg a distinct digital sound it is very clean and smooth and impressive but somehow the sole of the music is missing.

It is similar to Tubes vs SS sound, SS sound can be excellent but some how the sole of the music is missing again, had a chance to compare a very good First Watt PassLab SS amp against my class a1 SE 2 stage Tube amp, musically speaking the tube amp sounded a little more organic like real music in my and other peoples opinion who heard the comparison, this is not to belittle the PassLab amp which in its own right is an excellent amp.

Will download the mqnplay.bat file to see if I can make it work and compare.

ws2012 is way to expensive for me to implement, Win 8 is a possibility.

Have not tried any hirez music in any form not having a player to do so.

Basically I have gotten into this digital play back thru a computer about 3 month ago, before this the expense involved to implement digital play back was just to much and in my opinion not worse it to try, when a friend gave me a 30 feet tosling optical cable to try and recommended to use MediaMonkey as server as well a $30 S/PDIF Dac, was shocked to find in how good it sounded for what I invested which was almost nothing, so your simple player raised the bar to another level especially for the cost involved absolutely fantastic against other solutions using much more expensive USB Dac's costing 100's to 1000's of dollars.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.