Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Linux Build?

Have uploaded the 64 bit version ie playerextreme.exe that now plays gapless and hirez 16/44.1, 24/44.1, 16/48, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/176 and 24/192. Have tested it up to 4.5gb 24/192 loaded into ram and sounds ok (takes a while to load though).
A new version of sp.bat has also been uploaded to allow the files to be loaded.

It won't play 24 bit without converting it to 32 bit as my dac can't play 24 bit.

https://rapidshare.com/#users|45980080|0ae609ce616a35c8de7ac5fda4b6194c|3363

paste.exe, playerextreme.exe and sb.bat are required in the same directory eg c:\musicplayer. .net framework 4.0 is also required - if not already installed.

the default wasapi device is used. Operation is by selecting wav files or a folder (files of the same bitsize and resolution must be selected) with the mouse eg using explorer, right mouse click and select copy and then double clicking on sb.bat or an sb.bat shortcut on the desktop. To stop just close the console window.

have tested it on win7 home premium 64 and win8 pro 64

have aligned the period sizes so that only full pages of memory are handled ie 4096 bytes. Does this make a difference ? In theory it should as the OS is not having to load 2 pages where there is an overlap or keep track of partial pages. Also virtualalloc only deals in full pages where as the common way of assigning memory won't use full pages. I think this is an area where newer cpus are more optimal than before and thus speed and noise are reduced compared with previous versions. For resolutions above 24/96 the period is set to 2 pages.
http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

Edits: 03/03/13 03/04/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.