Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: I'm not trying to be an antagonist here,

Readers should play NO ROLE (geez) that wasn't the point. The point is that the publishers answer to this issue concludes with what a nice industry it is and how the mags are friends with the mfgs. And it's in THAT circle that the reader is left out. Who gives a damn--(what reader interested in getting the best equipment for the money--readers not interested in that can stop here)-- about friendships between reviewers and the people that make the stuff they review? You say you aren't trying to be an antagonist. I say that's exactly what it looks like to me. If you are a reader who is part of the CLUB, which some are here, which you may be, I don't know. Or if you are a reader who has lots of money to spend, then hey, it doesn't apply. But I would much prefer a mag where the writers were not chums with the makers, where the writers took the readers' needs into account. Or where the writers were not at the mercy of the mfgs for expensive equipment to review. Honesty factors into this somewhere. That there should be something equivalent to fiduciary responsibility of mags to paying readers is what I want. I don't see that in so many of the discussions here. It makes me sick.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.