Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Chinese Whispers?

JA, I did not want it to come to this: I am not trying to make a problem with 'Stereophile', you, or anyone else. What I wanted was that stuff like this occurs, and you tend to demand proof, before you will accept the facts.
Now, JV is accused of a 'malfeasance', and he works for a competing magazine. That magazine has corrected the problem, but we will all remember what happened.
I claimed that someone formally associated with your magazine, once did something similar. Or was he working at TAS when it happened? I don't know, and it really doesn't matter, because it was the PRINCIPLE of the thing that is important. I don't expect anything out of this, I just felt that JV needed a fair shake, since real manufacturers know that this sort of thing has gone on, at least sporadically, since the beginning of audio publication.
For example, I was there when an editor of a now defuct audio publication demanded that we GIVE him a Dennesen JC-80. He did not want to pay an accomodation price, he demanded it for free. It was too much for me at the time and I told him off. Here I was in his multimillion dollar house with his fancy car in the driveway, and he was demanding a free unit from some struggling audio people. He and I still remained friends after this incident, but he didn't get a free unit. He continued to remind me, however, that he 'could' have helped us further, if we had given him a free unit. That's the price of business, folks! (sometimes)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.