Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

That is quite a mouthful.

First of all, the magazines make every effort to answer the needs of their readers, otherwise they'd cease to exist. Next, the high-end audio community is small enough that you can't help but get to know a number of manufacturers, reviewers or dealers if you spend any time at all in the industry. Sometimes friendships result. Nothing cynical or conspiracy-related about it.
There is no "club" that I know of, but then again, maybe I am not cool enough to know about the club if there is one. If by "club" you mean "free gear for everyone holding membership, and nothing but good reviews for all", you are truly missing the boat. The closest thing I have ever seen to a club is when a bunch of audiophiles, dealers, manufacturers and members of the audio press got together for beer and pizza for a couple of hours. After the beer and pizza were gone, the club disbanded.

You see some pretty open and honest exchanges between members of the audio press and manufacturers on this board. One well-known manufacturer has been highly vocal lately. That alone should convince you that there is no vast conspiracy. Despite that, some people persist in the belief that there is. I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps if you had an opportunity to get to know some of these people a little bit you'd have a different opinion.

If you find it all sickening, why do you come over the CC and engage in conversation? Zantac yummies are pretty expensive.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.