Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

"...some of us actually believe susceptability to external noise signifies a high resolution system"

Could you explain how you have reached that conclusion? I can't find a single post where anyone here has claimed that. I'll give you the opportunity to explain, but I have a suspicion that it is a strawman that appeared due to some faulty logic.

"I might concede that such an option should be available but I can't for the life of me think such an option, ie. an upgraded power cord, should make a difference in most situations."

Well, there you are. The option should be available, as you concede. I can't think of any component that doesn't come with a power cord, and that cord is usually fine for many situations (just as you suggest). What's wrong with giving someone the option of an alternate for those situations where it might make a difference (as your statement also acknowledges is possible)? Even then, it isn't usually the case that the amp manufacturer is making money from the guy who buys an "upgraded" power cord.

Here's another side (one that your EE side might be able to delve into). Ask yourself this: why do desktop computer manufacturers provide the very same option?

"I just wish audiophiles had a better handle on this issue than the more resolving means more noise crap some of you have been spewing around here for years."

Where do you get this stuff? "More resolving means more noise????" If you think that is what Tony was stating in the entertaining thread below, then you either truly don't understand what you read, or you choose to be ignorant. Personally, I think it is both: even if you could understand it, I think you would still choose not to.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.