Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Okay lets run with this a bit

**Say the DBT was being done with friends, ones that share a common interest in improving their enjoyment of hearing music on their system. Do you a large % would refuse to acknowledge an improvment in sound (when they heard one) simply because they don't wish to "think" something like a "sliver of sivery foil" could have an impact.

Strikes me as.....cutting off your nose to spite your face.**

Geez man, look around you! People are doing this here on Prop Head and
AA every single day. Just now, Jim Austin posted a link to PWB's newest product, and Presto posted a link to their Free Techniques. Now why did they do that? Because they have displayed such an open mind on these forums or because they want to show how they are no less foolish than their peers by attempting to ridicule things they don't understand and have never evaluated? Now I say that those techniques and the one drop product can improve their sound, in remarkable ways even. But those backward attitudes that Jim Austin & Presto display are ingrained in.... well my experience puts it about 98% of the general population. And I may be being generous here.

I dont know what youre planning on testing, but if its anything as unorthodox as the One Drop liquid or the techniques Presto linked to, then yes, the strait-jacketed mindset of AAers is a demonstration of what you will find in the rest of the community. Audiophiles are absolutely the worst for this, because their attitudes the most ingrained. When I test non-audiophiles, surprisingly, they dont give me a lot of flack over how these things work or why they do or dont work. And oddly enough, their listening skills often seem no worse than the avg. audiophile.

So again, if you dont need to tell them what it is you're testing, you're better not to, so you can elmininate that as an influence. Its more consistent with the DBT protocol anyway. Now after the results are in and you are sure there was no "reverse placebo" taking place, THEN you can tell them what they listened to! If they don't believe it, too bad for them. By ignoring the tweak, they will cut off their nose to spite their face. But at least they are joined by many "noseless" others (ie. 98% of AA).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.