Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: An opinion if you please

If you can get away with not explaining the mechanism for the improvement proposed by the DUT, then you shouldn't. Otherwise, you may leave yourself open to criticism by the people you are trying to impress with your DBT (not that naysayers wont always find a way to criticize that which they "naysay"....).

Don't think it might make a difference? Consider this. I've done DBT's on people using Belt (PWB) products - say, silver rainbow foil on the label side of a CD. The CD copies were in a changer, and never left it, so no one could know what they looked like. Once differences were -positively- identified, I showed people what the mechanism for the differences was (a sliver of silvery foil about 2mm wide adhered to the disc ). Only after seeing what the test was all about, I found I was more likely to get responses like "Well... I'm not sure if there was a difference... I could be wrong..."

The usual human prejudices kick in, and they start to doubt what it is that they heard. Happens all the time.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.