Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Can I plead for a cessation of personal attacks.

I, personally, am split 50/50 with the 'freedom of speech' issue.
On the one hand I see freedom of speech as paramount in a civilised society but I believe that with the luxury of freedom of speech comes responsibility !!
On the other hand I also saw Richard BassNut Greene's disgraceful and defamatory 'posting' aimed at Peter and I. Whoever you are Posy Rorer I thank you for intervening to ask for Richard BassNut Greene's posting to be deleted. However, on seeing that this posting had been deleted I had presumed that it was the moderators themselves who had deleted it - which, as it is a moderated site, should have been done by the moderators themselves.

I would like to request that no one goes any further down the 'personal attack' path.
If I personally have any criticisms to make, I try to give my reasons behind those criticisms and again, from a personal standpoint, I have zero tolerance for aggression and abuse and refuse to 'play that game'.
If we cannot discuss in a reasoned and informative manner then all the pleasure in being involved with listening to music goes 'out of the door'.

I applaud the sentiment behind the AA's mission statement "To promote a healthy and vibrant learning community" and would like to see discussions proceed with that in mind.

To the moderators. One thing I did not like to witness was the bullying tactics, the 'mob rule' (apologies for that but I cannot immediately think of another description) of numerous people demanding that a particular discussion thread should be 'banned from each section it was moved to' and which was eventually relegated to the "Isolation Ward". "Isolation" meaning just that - isolate, segregate, quarantine, keep out of everyone's way.

It is no different to the idea of, 100 years ago, placing any discussions around Dr Joseph Lister's "Germs are in the air" and his antiseptic techniques in an 'isolation' section of the medical journals because the belief structure of the medical establishment was that the 'germs were in the patients own bad blood' or placing any discussions around Dr. John Snow's experiments showing that the spread of cholera was caused by contaminated water in an 'isolation' section of the medical journals because the belief structure of the medical establishment was that cholera was caused by the foul air - the miasmata !!

Either the whole Audio Asylum site is about audio or it isn't ?

Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Can I plead for a cessation of personal attacks. - May Belt 03:07:32 04/09/07 (53)

You can not post to an archived thread.