Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Fair is fair, May.

>>Please also read this AA rule of proper behaviours of a "trade member":-<<

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda..... In every message I've read of May's and other industry members, she has been acting perfectly in keeping with the rules and consistent with other industry members here, end of story. I've not seen you make the same accusations toward some of the other industry members of our forums whom you no doubt think more favourably of. As such, I would not want to give the job of moderation over to someone like you. Because it's obvious to me and a few others that from what else you are writing here, your quarrel is not with violation of policies for industry members, but with the products this industry member sells. Why don't you just be honest and come out and say that, instead of trying to push your nonsense argument about policies? As a user of such products, I'll be happy to defend them against your concerns.

>>Should your volunteered products be standard audio production with technical specs, like an amp or whatever, our readers can have some basic guidelines on their performance. <<

LOL! Do you have any idea how contentious that assertion is? I'm not going to get into the whole techspec argument for the 10,000th time, but if you are ignorant of it, then do some research around and you might come to learn that the idea that technical specs will -not- tell you what an amp sounds like is a very common one; and for good reason. I'm sorry you were led to believe otherwise, but you have no business speaking for the rest of AA when you say "our readers believe technical specs will tell us what we need to know about an amplifier". I suggest from here on in, you purport to speak only on your own behalf.

>>The issue is: your products are tweaky in nature<<

Define "tweaky in nature". That just doesn't sound right.

>>rather than basing on any established technical displines & practice<<

Who says you have to produce audio products that are operate on "established technical disciplines & practice"? How do you figure audio ever progresses significantly, if engineers always adopt the narrow limited confines of your parameters of reasoning? More importantly, what are you so afraid of about being challenged to go outside those parameters?

>>Even remote scientific reasoning, IMO, can't be explained. <<

Where are you getting this from? You shouldn't be stating that, unless it has been determined to be a fact. It shows you haven't done any research and are pretending to know what you're talking about. In which case you need to be asking questions, not making determinations.

>>You keep on telling the readers to try-&-error with your amazing ideas. Is it fair to us readers, who are all consumers too? <<

You're slipping again into presuming to speak for everyone here. You don't, so be careful about that. And my response is "yes", not only is it fair, but it's the -only- way audiophiles can properly evaluate any audio products. If you are not able to do so, you're not going to get far in this hobby. So what's your problem with that exactly?

>>As a product manuafacturer or its rep or agent, is it your job to get the new product properly tested & reported by a third party to ensure unbiased presentation to the consumers??<<

Ha! You're funny. Um, that would be a big "NO", for me. Something like UL certification is the only thing I can think of that would come close to what you're describing, but that's not it. You seem to not understand the first thing about how the audio industry operates, so if you know otherwise, why don't you inform me about all the other audio products on the market that have undergone such "unbiased" tests? Does Jadis do this? Cary Audio? Shanling? Wilson? How about Audio Note? Linn perhaps? Realistic?? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to see their "unbiased 3rd party test reports" that somehow prove to consumers their products are the bee's knees....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.