Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Oh one other thing Andy_C

"And I told you, I set a target curve in the device and let it work until it achieved the target. Obviously you have never used one of these devices before or you wouldn't ask such silly questions."

The joke is on you, fool.

"There is no more complete answer. I used a digital equalizer, I set a target curve in the device and let it correct the room response to that target curve. There really isn't anymore to say than that. It doesn't matter to the equalizer what amp is attached it keeps adjusting parameters until the target is met."

Well I knew you are stupid like that! How do you know that the equalizer matched the target curve that you set for amplifier/speaker? Oh I see, you assumed that it was so. Ever heard of a Real-Time Analyser, that is how you validate that the equalizer settings matched the suggested curve, you do not just make an assumption to that effect, but then you are foolish like that. Even the manual itself suggests that it is possible for inaccuracies to occur under certain conditions, Furthermore the manual makes it clear that it is not trivial to retrieve the "true response" after equalization, look at the manual on pg 12, they use an Audio Precision RTA! to illustrate the corrected curve. But then you knew that, hot bag!

"Thanks for (indirectly) answering my question. You have no room correction. Therefore, I can only conclude that you don't take the issue seriously and you like to hear your lips flapping."

You are an enigma as brilliant as you are stupid. A simple trip to my system profile will have saved you from making a fool of yourself, but I suppose mouthing off and then looking like a fool afterwards suits you perfectly, here is an excerpt from my profile (Last Update: March 29, 2007 at 02:17:06)

CD Player/DAC: Sony SCD1 (VSEI L5+ balanced)
Behringer UltraCurve Pro DEQ2496(Analog In/Out)
The system employs digital equalization in the bass to smooth out and extend bass response. It is also selectively employed in the midrange and extreme treble to fine-tune the system's frequency response

Or do you want me to spoon feed further, as it seems you are stupid like that.

Not much to say, you are a pompous ignoramus and a bigot. There is no point continuing this discussion seeing that you did not know to verify that the adjusted FR equalization matched your intended target curve. A misstep that renders your level-matched comparisons of the said amplifiers totally invalid, As expected you fell at the first hurdle on a basic issue. I suggest you send a letter to your editor telling him to pull those articles till you correct your errors, LOL!

What baffles me is how someone who claims to be learned scientist, you have a PhD in a scientific discipline is so easily blindsided by fairly basic issues. Upon further reflection it is no surprise, your preconceived notions blind you. You are attempting to fit the data to suit your misguided notions. Unfortunately, such misdirected actions make you look stupid every time someone looks closer at your so-called investigation.

Music making the painting, recording it the photograph

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.