Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.6R Repair

Just another heads up. After you've removed all the staples at the bottom there will be some on the edges, and before you can roll the sock up you'll have to remove the ribbon tweeter cage (the whole thing). Put in the ribbon protector strips (if you don't have some buy them from Magnepan first) very gently lie the speaker on the floor with ribbon facing up. Unscrew the screws up and down the ribbon cage. lift the name plates at top and bottom of the cage, and carefully unplug the wires at each end. On these newer Maggies it is just a plug in connecter and easy to take out the wires. On older models it was a soldered connection and more hassle.

Take out the ribbon cage very carefully and store for later. If I remember right there are more staples under the ribbon cage you have to remove too!. Then you can start lifting the sock up. The Mylar is on the front and magnets on the back on the 3.6R so after removing the ribbon I think you would have to turn over the speaker so the magnets face the floor. Be v careful beforehand as the Mylar is facing the floor side. Don't put any pressure on the speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.