Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.6R Repair

You're welcome. It's unlikely but is worth checking the manufacturing date just in case it's a later model. How powerful is your amp?

Hopefully you only need a small delam repair and will not need to do a whole rewire. Do check all the drivers are working ok. My Dads MGIIIs once lost continuity in one midrange section and it took a while for him to notice.

This is the Evo stik contact adhesive. https://www.amazon.com/Evo-Stik-Purpose-Impact-Adhesive-Super/dp/B002NPTNIK/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=evo+stick+contact+adhesive&qid=1609954180&sprefix=evo+stik+contact&sr=8-4

You can shop around for a better price. It's called a "Impact" and is in a red tube. I recommend getting the tube rather than a large pot as (after cleaning Mylar with acetone) you can squeeze the tube directly onto the Mylar diaphragm in small slithers. Works great and you can then apply 30NF later with a foam brush.
https://www.amazon.com/Bates-Brushes-Painting-Staining-Sponges/dp/B086JDDS32/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=foam+brush&qid=1609954848&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2QHPZ3L88WS89&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFZVFpNQzZBTzNZWTUmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyMTg0MTNBT0tYMldNSkhZSTEmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDUxMzgzMlJMTDYxQkhZSkdVNCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Shelia said they use foam brushes at the factory. The foam soaks up excess 30NF and avoids adding unnecessary weight to the driver. Should be able to buy 30NF online too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.