Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 3.6R Repair

You're welcome. Another thing is that the 3.3R onwards models are a bit different to older Maggies as there is a kind of outer and inner frame. The older MGIII and MGIIIa only had one frame. It's not really a problem, just different. You'll see as you dismantle the 3.6R.

Just be careful with the Mylar side and the tweeter frame. Taking the tweeter out is a bit easier on the 3.3R and below models (compared to 3.5R and above) as the Mylar is on the back of the speaker on the older model, not the front. When you unscrew the tweeter cage with the speaker front down on the floor don't press too hard. I guess another way might be to lift/prior up the top end of the speaker a bit onto something instead of lying it flat when undoing the tweeter, so the Mylar isn't resting on the floor.

When the tweeter and staples are out, place the speaker on the floor, front side up (as that's the Mylar side) Then roll the sock up. The sock usually fits tight and is often a pain to get back on! Get a staple gun for reassembling but I recommend you don't use as many staples as Magnepan do.

I remember part of a clothes per being helping when being used for a delam repair bit can't remember it exactly. I'll look that up and let you know.

If you are not sure of anything when dismantling, just ask. Let us know how you got on when you get the sock off and assess the issue!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 3.6R Repair - ColinB 13:13:16 01/07/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.