Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Normally I'd ignore your obsessive focus on this topic but I have a question for you

Almost 40 years ago when I was in school, I was required to draw the the resulting square wave waveform output and specify the low frequency fall time and high frequency rise time response of an amplifier given its frequency response and and to draw and specify the frequency response given its output high frequency rise time and low frequency fall time in response to input square waves. It was made as plain to me as possible that they are really one and the same and I never forgot it. It depends on and results from Fourier analysis of periodic waveforms, a bedrock of modern electrical engineering theory and mathematics. That's why it particularly caught my attention when you posted;

"Soundmind, you have no idea of what you are talking about. It is NOT about extended frequency response, but it is about transient response and risetime. You don't know this, you will probably NEVER know this, and that is too bad"

That was on your posting on September 28 which can be found at;

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/prophead/messages/24046.html

As you are someone whose earns his livelihood by designing amplifiers, it is hard for me to believe you would forget such a fact if you ever knew it. So here is my question; are you a degreed electrical engineer? If you are, you are not like any other electrical engineer I ever met. I am reminded that at one time you made it a point not to respond to anyone posting here who was not a degreed electrical engineer. So I ask you, are you or aren't you?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.