Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Think carefully

'"Optimising" in the PC audio context means configuring an OS to favour audio reproduction, typically by disabling non-audio-related functions'

I don't know how this type of statement can be made with any degree of authority, when nobody can determine exactly what to disable to achieve what you said. If you go back to CMP (your favourite it seems), disabling certain processes or altering them can make a system sound worse. The whole thing depends on what system is used and what hardware and software it is loaded with.

There are competing software suites that are claimed to optimise audio replay. The fact that they all sound different and the fact that the OS used has an effect mean that there is no optimisation of audio playback. The fact that you can make changes to a USB or LAN cable to affect SQ materially is another obvious argument against so called 'optimised' systems that some claim or imply that are superior to those used by others.

I am not going to argue with you about Dictionary definitions. I am simply saying that it makes no sense for anyone to claim that he/she has an optimised system that is immune to even small hardware, software and setup changes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.