Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: now with added coils . . .)

You could also try adding, in a balanced manner, 2 identical and appropriately rated Y caps

Thanks again for your reply. I did ponder doing as you suggest but decided I was perhaps making things a bit over-complex what with five (hopefully) separate devices. I've also got the units buried out of sight and difficult to get to. The temptation to fiddle is reduced but I might just experiment with a spare.

maybe running the CLC in a balanced differential CLC configuration with respect to live and neutral will help enhance common mode rejection performance

H/W the circuit though I didn't fit the 0v link or the 1M resistors.

Because there's a 240V > 24V transformer on the input, the filters are working at low voltage. I didn't see rating as a worry and used a pack of cheap Y-rated 220nF caps. (I'm aware that some places would need X-rated caps were they at mains potential.)

OTOH, currents are higher at the lower voltages even if no isolator is in practice passing more than about 3/4 of an amp. I guessed that 3-amp-rated Murata coils with DC resistance 0.03R would be fine. Well, they're not getting hot . . .

maybe there is a use for a damping resistor from line to neutral after the CLC to enhance it's performance

Agreed but I didn't feel confident in calculating a value so I left them out. Again, I could experiment.

D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.