Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Clement Perry of Stereo Times is abusing influence

What a Web We Weave When We Practice to Deceive

This is my first post here on the critics' forum of audio asylum and this may be quite long but please try to bear with me.

Personally, I knew Yoav claims were all but lies which is the reason I did not post a response. Never did I ever once threaten nor attempt to blackmail this individual (Which I'll disclose in my last email to him at the end of this thread).

I did attempt to speak to Yoav G via telephone prior to this post, and as he did last Friday, hang up abruptly when the mention that my personally written emails had been falsely altered by him in a further attempt to damage my character. He claims that's the way they read. So they changed on their own to fit your argument and cry for help? Okay,

He said "respond on the forum" Okay, here we go. Lets start from the first email I recieved shall we.

In June of 06, I got an email from Yoav that stated in part "I was referred to you by XXXXXX, who is a good personal friend. Please allow me to briefly introduce my brand, YG Acoustics..."

Before I knew it, I was invited to come and hear a new line of his loudspeakers at the YG facility in Denver. Yoav agreed to pay my fare but could not accommodate my wife for business reasons I assume.

Here's both written responses...

"Your wife’s ticket was $376 including all taxes and fees. You can either send a check, or just arrange it when you arrive. Up to you…"

My response was: "Looking forward. I love dCS gear though I've never been a big fan of XXX, I doubt it can sound better when paired with the right front-end. Can't wait. How much do I owe you for my wife's tickets? I can send you a check today."

Where is the cancellation letter because Yoav would not accommodate my wife? There is none. This is a complete fabrication.

What did happen was the airline tickets arrived and I noticed immediately this was going to be a long and uncomfortable flight due to the fact Yoav booked a connecting flight, which meant there was going to be a 2-hour delay in Chicago. Due to the events of 9/11, travel in and around NY can be very time consuming. Most airlines want you checked in and ready to board at least 2 hours before takeoff. That meant, I had a 10 hours of travel to look forward to just to hear this loudspeaker. This, in the middle of a terrible heatwave no less.

Two days before the flight, my mom had a debilitating stroke.

This forced to me cancel my flight and hopefully reschedule another. Here's my email...
"Yoav,
Please accept my apologies but I am going to have to cancel my trip. My mother had a stroke today due to the severe heat-waves here and it left her partially incapacitated. My thoughts right now are on her getting better so therefore I will not be able to visit you as I had hoped. I so want to come but feel it would be impossible to leave my mom in her current state.

We can settle all the financial issues at a later date as I know this has set you back. My sincerest apologies, Clement Perry"

Yoav's response is as follows...

"Hi Clement!
First, I hope that your mother is doing better…
Second, I have spoken to Travelocity and Loews Hotels, to understand the process of canceling with minimal damage.
Here are the results:
With Loews there is a $50 cancellation fee, and they are not willing to waive it despite my VIP status.
With Travelocity, even thought the tickets are non-refundable, they have agreed to the following:
There is a $50 cancellation fee.
The tickets will remain as positive credit for us with Air Trans, but are non-transferable, meaning the credit is only good for your next trip to Denver.
This means that we can reschedule your visit to us once your mother is doing better, and reuse the same tickets for you and your wife.
Please retain the paper tickets, and be prepared to send them to Travelocity only after we reschedule your visit. This is because once Travelocity receives the tickets, we only have a few days to commit to a new travel date.
As you can see, provided that we reschedule a visit for you and your wife to us, the total cancellation fees will be $100. If we do not reschedule a visit, the total cancellation fees will be $852. Therefore, I highly recommend that we reschedule your visit at your earliest convenience, but of course first take care of your mother as this is the most important thing…
Best,
Yoav Geva (Gonczarowski)"

In his accusations on your forum he states the reason I didn't travel was because I had to pay for my wife. As shown in this email, this is obviously untrue.

Here's where it gets interesting

Later that day, I sent this email to Yoav concerning the handling of the flight and the extra long travel. My email read

"Thank you for understanding family comes first.

I will be at the hospital most of the day and will be home later in the evening.

Here's what I hope to accomplish in the next couple of weeks. Get my mom back home with a health care professional to help her through this challenging setback so I can continue to do what I must with respect to business.

What I would like from you Yoav is understand me a little better. I was suprised by your travel arrangements with respect to connecting flights and the two-hour layover in Chicago. That gave me 8-plus hours of travel time, not counting the two hours they would like you to be at the airport before your flight. I am six foot three and sitting economy class isn't comfortable at all but I understand that I can't travel on your dime in business or first class. But to not travel direct to Denver was a surprise.

Secondly, I too travel the world doing exactly what we had planned, and never has a business, enterprise or manufacturer not included my wife as a guest (on their bill) I understood new companies attempting to establish themselves such as yourself trying to keep their expenditures low, but to also add a connecting flight as a possible further money saver is inconsiderate on the part of the traveler...

I am willing to accept your offer if you don't mind accomodating me to a non-stop flight instead. I will still pay for my wife but find it somewhat frustrating considering what I am doing..."

HERE'S WHERE THINGS BECOME VERY DISTURBING. A person who shall remain anonymous requested a copy of these emails detailing my threats of blackmail and was kindly sent copies that were very carefully edited by Yoav himself. He probably underestimated the power of the Internet because in a day or thereabouts I got the email forwarded to me by a mutual friend.

Because I couldn't believe Yoav would do anything so legally damning I requested a copy using a different email and fronting as a potential advertiser. I got the same email which rules out this other party as changing these emails.

I couldn't believe how much of my own personally written emails had been changed to support his "victim" claims. For example in the above email, he totally removed any mention of my connecting flights issues by rewriting what I wrote here

"...I understood new companies attempting to establish themselves such as yourself trying to keep their expenditures low, but to also add a connecting flight as a possible further money saver is inconsiderate on the part of the traveler."

TO

"I understood new companies attempting to establish themselves such as yourself trying to keep their expenditures low, but this is inconsiderate on the part of the traveler."

To further character assassinate Yoav changed

"I am willing to accept your offer if you don't mind accomodating me to a non-stop flight instead. I will still pay for my wife but find it somewhat frustrating considering what I am doing..."

TO

I am willing to accept your offer if you don't mind accomodating me to a business-class flight instead. I will still pay for my wife but find it somewhat frustrating considering what I am doing..."

Lastly, he changed this simple email of

“It's been some time since we last spoke and I think I still owe you a visit.”

TO

"It's been some time since we last spoke and I think I still owe you a visit with some conditions"

I can further detail the alledged threats and blackmail accusations but it looks more like I'm the person being falsely accused here. Worse, I've taken up far too much of this forums space for utter nonsense. For worse, this man has changed my words in my own personal emails to anyone requesting a copy. The legal ramifications must be pretty high.

Need I go further?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Clement Perry of Stereo Times is abusing influence - cperry@stereotimes.com 13:57:33 03/13/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.