Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Well, gee, Larry, since you sent the same complaint in a "comment"

and have chosen to go public with the complaint, what you might want to do is quote the full text of the relevant posting rule, and not just the part of it that appears to support your argument.

Here it is, in full (skeptics are invited to click on the "Content Rules" link in the posting form, if they don't believe me):

"Defamatory statements are, for example, statements that contain certain kinds of untrue factual information about a person or a company that is derogatory. It's okay to say that the Belchfire amplifier sounds "flat and uninvolving." It's not okay to say that the amplifier doesn't meet its published specifications, unless you back the statement up with proof. Likewise, it's not okay to accuse a person or company of being dishonest, committing fraud, etc.
As a general rule, avoid repeating vague and unsubstantiated rumors about someone or some company. Stick to your experiences and your opinions, based on what you know not what you have heard on the grapevine."

To emphasize the relevant portions, I have italicized them. Now, the guy who started the thread said he had copies of the relevant e-mails, so it would appear to me that he complied with the Rules. Since I wrote the Posting Rules, my opinion about that is probably worth something.

So far the responses by Mr. Perry's apparent defenders are:

1. The contents of "Private e-mails" should not be disclosed on a public forum. [sez who, other than you?]

2. Mr. Perry has some dirt on you that he's going to publish, since you published some dirt on him. [nice]

3. Some reference to Mr. Perry's ethnicity, followed by a statement implying that it may not really be relevant to the discussion at all. [So. . . uh . . . why bring it up?]

4. Your speakers would sound a whole lot better if they used the "XYZ" tweeter instead of the "ABC" tweeter.

So far, no one has denied the existence or the content of the e-mails.

If the rule were as you say it was, no one would be able to say anything here.

But, perhaps, the way this case has unfolded so far, I can understand why that might be what you want . . .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Well, gee, Larry, since you sent the same complaint in a "comment" - Bruce from DC 13:38:14 03/13/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.