Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Why is the EE closed minded?

That makes no sense at all if you stop to consider that statement.

The EE has at least a four year education past high school. True EE programs vs the newer ET programs still require substantial credits in liberal arts. History, philosophy, language - just check and university degree outline.

On the strict technical side, the EE has studied many engineering theories, not just electrical but basic engineering principles that cover all engineering disciplines. Did you ever look at the study guide of a PE test? The FE exam (the first step) is universal for any PE license, the same for electrical, mechanical, civil. That's because true engineering has common ties within mathematics.

Any engineering curriculum requires work. It's not some degree program you can just BS through like a degree in "fine arts".

Now how is that "closed minded"?

Let's look at the weekend hobbyist such as you who refuses to acknowledge proven and tested theories. Eschews any attempt to test and qualify claims they make. States things like audio is extreme bandwidth which no modern test equipment can measure.

Now that sounds very "closed minded" in my book!

Edits: 12/05/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.