Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Are you trying to moderate the forum to only include your viewpoint ?

It would be fascinating to know who the "couple of people" you think are making the noise. (LOL)
Does anyone who disagrees with you mean that they are ignorant and disruptive, making it not possible to have a "good discussion?" Are you so insecure in your solution that you have to go out of your way to label people who compare & use several different solutions, "precious streamer guys?" Is there a party-line that some people need to be forced to toe?

Considering the two people who I think that you're referring to, both are running computer based solutions, and are, in fact, more familiar with several different types of solutions than you are: neither of these two people START contentious threads that have as their essence, criticizing a solution that they themselves employ.

You're starting all of the "noise" with your claims and criticisms of high end audio manufacturers, - who are much better at the most important aspects of producing higher performing audio than traditional commercial, multi-purpose computers. (This is proven out historically, & presently, long before their ever was digital file playback, - with CD players, amplifiers, speakers, etc). But you won't know, because you won't try, (as is the case with other naysayers who try to assert things like NAD amps sound the same as LAMMs). But unfortunately, that doesn't stop you from criticizing.

""My computers are no different from the dedicated streamers that are being foisted on us by the audio manufacturers.""

That has been PROVEN, - without a doubt, - to be 100% false. And, especially, - with only about 6 of these devices out there: they are hardly "foisted" by audio manufacturers. Wavelength, - who brought us the USB solution, is an Audio designer-manufacturer. Logitech is not an audio manufacturer.
When it is really difficult to have a good discussion is when someone with an anti-high performance audio agendae comes on an high performance audio website and is uninformed about the components involved in high performing audio devices. (Hint: the power supply is far more important than any OS and/or digital file playback software).

The irony of your accusations is not lost considering your lack of experience: experience being the most critical aspect of having a "good discussion." For with experience comes the realization that good sound can be achieved with either approach.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

Edits: 07/23/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.