Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 16 horns measurements

This is a VERY nice report. I'm still wondering how you aggregated your scoring in order to arrive at the "winners" but that is a small matter as compared to the more detailed information on the various horn/driver approaches and their tradeoffs. I wonder if anything in general can be said about horn design performance based on these measurements?

One disappointment that you explained in your report--not being able to measure the various off-axis responses due to time constraints--is actually a very large performance criterion in how I view different horn designs. Those horn/driver designs that result in a more constant coverage over a controlled polar coordinate region (e.g., 90 degrees horizontal, 45 degrees vertically) would be of great interest even if other trades in performance might be required such as reflections, odd harmonics and higher-order effects vs. more constant coverage performance in vertical and horizontal dimensions.

Can you share your views on this subject?

Chris A.
Chris
"As far as the ear can tell, consistently clean and spacious bass can be reproduced only by a driver unit coupled to a horn-type acoustic transformer..."; Jack Dinsdale, May 1974

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 16 horns measurements - Cask05 08:21:16 12/08/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.