Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 16 horns measurements

Dear Jean-Michel,
Being the owner of the "younger" of the two Klangfilm Horn/Driver combinations, I agree with your preference for its ancestor. But, and I sat in row 2, fairly close and centered, I didn't notice a tendency to "beautify" the music signal, it was rather among the three most detailled and revealing combos, imho. In terms of "reaching" more listeners, it did benefit from the wider dispersion due to the acoustic lens, but it's main advantage was the ease and effortless plus a subjectively low coloration/very natural rendering of the mids(voice in particular).
The ETF crowd may have a few vintage equipment collectors/lovers among them, but most have little if any experience with anything that's not currently available. And even the german participants did not vote based on the origin of the participants(I frequently checked :-).
Thanks again for the tremendeous effort!

To anyone who still thinks that such a "shootout" is organized to and will result in a ranking to be carved in stone, I say : get a life or better, get a ticket to France next year and experience the FUN that everyone there derives from a gathering of likeminded people. You just won't find anyone with a "mine is bigger than yours"-attitude.

A happy holiday season,

Frank

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.