Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 16 horns measurements

Hello Thomas,

I surely would not say that the Klangfilm is not detailed. As you said the sound it delivered was one of the most detailed.

But to add to the discussion, there were at ETF horns + drivers for which the lack of details were obvious (mots of the horns) and this is not the case for the Klangfilm.

For what its worth, due to the need to use our "audio" memory and because the Klangfilm was not listened on the same musical excerpts, one of the main differences with the most accurate Avant-Garde and the Le Cléac'h horns is that the silence between notes (when such exist in the record) is less well defined with the Klangfilm than with the Avant-Garde and the Le Cléac'h. (This is IMHO due for some part to the masking effects of the spread diffractions/reflection of the Klangfilm as seen on the wavelet graph.

But for sure the Klangfilm could be one horn I could live with (BTW the Klangfilm is a Kugelwellen horn and its profile is nearly similar to a Le Cléac'h horn.)

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

P.S. about the difficulty to reproduce some low level details as the decay of cymbals I highly consider what Hiraga wrote in his paper:
http://www.asrr.org/biblioteca/Revue%20Audiophile/FICHIERS/15/BONAMPLI/BONAMPLI.html
and which is well imaged in figure 12

Jean Hiraga used to write

Edits: 12/13/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.